Atlantic Cod with Fresh Tomato
1 Medium Brown onion
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
4 Ripe Tomatoes
8 Atlantic Cod Portions (160/180grms each)
6 tbsp Plain Flour
5 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
For the Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Peel and chop onion.
- Peel and chop/grate tomatoes.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a sauce pan. When warm add chopped onion and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook over low heat for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of sugar to the saucepan to cut the acidity (you can also add a pinch of basil or oregano). Cook over low heat for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion or stand blender to puree the mixture into a sauce and set aside.
For the Cod Portions:
- Sprinkle 6 tablespoons of flour onto a plate and dredge the cod fillets in the flour.
- Peel and slice cloves of garlic.
- Heat 5 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. When warm add sliced garlic and cook over low-medium heat for 1 – 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add atlantic cod portions and fry over medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes each side or until gold.
- Cover with the homemade tomato sauce and cook over low heat for 5 – 7 minutes more